Have you ever applied a heating cream only to have it get so hot that you thought it was blistering your skin? Or worse, have you been blistered by a heating pain relief cream or gel? There is nothing worse than to add more pain to an already painful area!
Sadly, I have been blistered by over the counter pain creams. After a lifetime of working with horses, my body has several areas where pain flairs occasionally. Low back, knees, shoulders and elbows sometimes become stiff and achy. Over the years I had tried many creams, liniments and and other potions, never finding anything that would work as advertised. Several years ago my chiropractor introduced me to Sombra Warming Therapy. It not only worked, but it relieved the pain and stiffness for several hours! I am happy to say that now after years of use, it works just as well as that first application.
Sombra Warm Therapy Natural Pain Relieving Gel is very different than other analgesic creams on the market today. It not only provides heat to the area but it also actually reduces and often eliminates the pain. Another benefit of Sombra is that although it heats, it does not get uncomfortably hot. Unlike some other creams I have tried, Sombra has never caused blistering, no matter how many times I use it during the day.
My Clients Love It!
Other than the lotions I use during massage sessions, Sombra is the product that I use most to help relieve muscle and joint pain and stiffness. Many of my clients keep it on hand to use instead of other heating lotions and creams.
When To Use Sombra Warm Therapy Gels or Roll On
Just about anytime you have muscle, soft tissue and/or joint pain. It works for chronic muscle pain, arthritis stiffness, relieves muscle and soft tissue pain during injury recovery and is a favorite of weekend warriors.
When Not To Use Sombra Warm Therapy
Warmth therapy including heating pads, heated packs, and creams should not be used withing 24 – 48 hours after a muscle injury. At that time cold therapy such as ice packs or Sombra Cold Therapy or Biofreeze should be used to help reduce swelling.
Sombra products should also not be used on open sores, wounds or rashes.
Pros of Sombra Warm Therapy Products:
- Pain and stiffness relief within minutes
- Is great for arthritis pain and stiffness
- Provides pain relief for injured muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints during healing
- Long lasting effect, lasts for hours
- Provides therapeutic heat without becoming uncomfortably hot
- Does not blister the skin
- Can be applied multiple times a day if needed
- It is all natural ingrediants, no chemical or drugs
- Has a pleasant smell that quickly dissipates
- Absorbs quickly so it does not stain your clothes
- People who are cold natured may feel cold for a few minutes after application. This is easily solved by putting on a sweater or wrapping up in a blanket for a few minutes.
- I do not recommend this product immediately after an injury. For the first 24 – 48 hours after an injury you should use cold therapy, not heat. Check out Sombra Cold Therapy or Biofreeze for these occasions.
- Never use on open wounds or skin rashes
Recommended for both personal and professional users
As both a massage therapist and someone who suffers with old injury pain and stiffness, I highly recommend Sombra Warm Therapy. It is on my list of “must have” products to always have on hand for personal use and professional use.
It comes in several sizes and is available in both a cream and roll on. Give it a try, your muscles and joints will thank you!
Sombra Warm Therapy Ingredient List:
The active ingredients are menthol and camphor which are both known for their heating and pain relieving abilities.
The other ingredients are:
- Aloe Vera Extract – aloe vera has been used for centuries for wound and burn care. Some studies have shown that aloe has anti-inflammation properties as well.
- Capsaicin – is the active component that makes chili peppers hot. It is used medicinally for heat and for its ability to relieve pain.
- Carbomer – is a thickening agent used in cosmetics and medicinal creams. Studies have shown it is safe to use in human and animal products.
- Decyl Polyglucose – is a mild cleaning agent that also has anti-inflammatory properties. It is derived from plants, glucose and alcohol and is safe for use with humans and animals.
- Deinoized water – is purified water that has had mineral ions removed.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract – is used in products as a natural antiseptic, antiviral and anti-fungal agent and as a natural preservative.
- Green Tea Extract – is known for its anti-inflammatory properties as well as antioxidant and anti-microbial properties
- Orange Peel Extract – is a cleanser and anti-inflammatory.
- Queen of the Prairie Extract – used as an antiseptic.
- Rose Water – often used for its antibacterial, soothing, healing and antiseptic properties. Rose water is also soothing to skin irritation.
- Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate – glycerin derived perservative
- Vegetable Glycerin – natural and safe lubricant that is non-irritating to the skin
- Witch Hazel – a strong anti-oxidant and astringent that also reduces inflammation
- Yucca Extract – often used for its an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties